modFlosc is a modification for FLOSC, it allows you to create a virtual dead spot in your multitouch table. which is quite useful when you have a IR hotspot from your projector, we had a nasty blob in our setup caused by this hotspot, so i thought about a hack to avoid this area from the flash applications.
modFlosc basically works by taking in the coordinates for a rectangle, it takes in top left coordinates(x1,y1) and bottom right cooridates (x2,y2) and avoids the blobs detected from that area.
Following are the steps of how to use it
Run Tbeta or touchlib, background subtract, and you should obtain the irhotspot in the final detected image
- Run the file GET-HOTSPOT-COORDINATES.bat file
- Click Start
- You should be able to see a series of x,y,z numbers being detected
- These are the coordinates for the IR hotspot blob
- Here it is x=> 0.4921, y=>0.5167
- Note these values and close the modFlosc session and command prompt.
- Double click and open modFlosc.jar
- Now we take approximate values for (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) using the ir blob coordinates previously obtained
- The Red rectangle is the area which gets blinded
- Enter the approximated values into the modFlosc and press start
Step 4: If the blob still gets detected try increasing the range of x and y coordinates, which will in turn increase the size of the rectangle. that should do it 🙂
if you find this tool helpful or if you find and bugs or have suggestions for improvements please leave a comment